23 June 2009

Father's Day Follow-Up

Father's Day turned out to be a blast. My mom cooked a great meal for us (the hamburgers were delicious!) and we were able to spend some time just hanging out as a family.


Since the post for my Dad was his present I had to think of a creative way to get him to the site (he had never viewed it before). I pulled the tiles to spell out "cookin up trouble" from our Scrabble game and put them in an envelope. He had to unjumble them to get the first part of the URL.

I had no idea so many different words and phrases could be made from those letters. My favorite solution he came up with was "cookin up butrole" What the heck is a butrole???? We had a good laugh about that one! He did end up figuring it all out and I think he really enjoyed/appreciated the post.

After lunch we (L, R, Dad and I) headed out to George Bush Park (on Westheimer Pkwy) to go for a bike ride... hey, that's what he wanted to do so we said we would. Now remember, it's June. It's 1 pm. It's almost 100 degrees outside. L was only in town until 4 or 5 so we had a limited time frame to work within. Let's just say we were all EXHAUSTED afterwards, but had a really great time. I also got a beautiful "farmer's tan" to remember the day by.

Luckily L had cut up a watermelon earlier in the day and it was nice and cold by the time we got back to my parents' house. After recovering a bit we headed home where both R and I proceeded to CRASH. It was one of the best naps I have ever taken.

Later that evening we headed over to R's parents' house and took Double Dave's pizza with us (gotta love those pepperoni rolls!). We had a blast just shooting the breeze with them. Very relaxing and so great to see everyone in such good health!
I had so much to be thankful for on this Father's Day!

No comments: