23 January 2011

Lazy Girl Ravioli

Every time I read about making homemade ravioli the 'Lazy Girl' in me comes out and all I can think about is how much rolling it would take to get the pasta dough thin enough.  Now don't get me wrong, I love my rolling pin and cringe anytime I have to use anyone else's, but I'm not sure I want to spend an entire afternoon with it.  'Lazy Girl' pasta substitution - wonton wrappers. 


I had some really nice, creamy homemade ricotta cheese and good quality parmesan cheese that I mixed together with an egg and some Italian seasoning.  And for a salty punch I crisped and chopped up some prosciutto.

And because a little of this filling goes a long way, I ended up making a million of these little guys. 


Luckily they freeze really well!

3 comments:

Robin said...

I've always wanted to make my own pasta, but my laziness wins every time. Some day though!

Sara said...

These look so delicious! :) I love pretty much all ravioli. I keep trying to find out if I have any Italian in my heritage, and so far I can't find any.
Mom has a pasta maker/roller thingy... it helps her to make some amazing noodles. You may or may not have inspired me to ask to borrow that contraption!!

E said...

Oh, the "contraption" is definitely on my to purchase list! :)
Let me know how it goes, Sara.
Robin, I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets 'the lazies' sometimes!