23 May 2010

A Burger for the Hubs


Although I had a lot of items on my 'to-do list' today, I still managed to find a little time to spend in the kitchen.  So therapeutic... I think what I love most about the kitchen and cooking is that it gives me a chance to clear my mind. 

To start with I rescued some older, sad looking berries from the fridge


and trimmed and transformed them


into a fabulous Berry Coulis.


I see crepes in my future this week!

I was also able to catch up on some dish washing, make granola bars for the week and try a new burger recipe I created especially for the Hubs. 

As I mentioned earlier this week, R loves salty foods, so tonight I made Mediterranean Turkey Burgers for dinner.  Incredibly easy and a great way to use up some leftovers and pantry staples.


The patties were a mix of 1# ground turkey, a little chopped parsley, some crumbled feta, salt, pepper, an egg and some panko bread crumbs. 


It was pretty warm today and I didn't want my cats to get out, so I just used a grill pan on the stove to cook the patties.


To carry the salty theme even further, I made a sandwich spread in the food processor that combined some olives, capers, garlic, olive oil and a tad bit of mayo.  Divine.


For R it was love at first bite... and that makes me happy.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Ooh, that looks awesome! We'll have to try that sometime soon.