14 February 2011

65 years and counting...

Two weekends ago we braved the frozen overpasses to head down to Galveston to celebrate my grandparents' 65th wedding anniversary.  No, that's not a typo, they really have been married for 65 years

They have definitely set a great example for their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren.  It hasn't been a cakewalk by any means.  They have had their fair share of issues to deal with, but they have chosen to deal with them together.  Sadly, that becomes more and more rare these days. 


Makes me appreciate the Hubs that much more.  I know he's in it for the long haul.  Our relationship isn't perfect (we're both human), but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he's always willing to work on us and to work things out.  There's a lot of security that comes from that. 

We don't get many photos of the two of us (he's the one always taking the pictures of everyone else), so I was incredibly happy that I found this one while going through the pictures from the celebration weekend. 


We'll be having a low-key evening here at home (we don't like fighting the Valentine's Day crowds) grilling burgers and enjoying the 70 degree weather.  I think we have a nice dinner out planned for this weekend... I'm hoping for something ethnic.

No comments: